Our Philosophy & Mission
Our goal is to provide the highest quality child care and preschool education in a secure, nurturing and stimulating environment. Our most important priority is your child, and we strive to assure that your child’s experience at Little Friends Learning Academy is educational, fun, and safe.
Our Pledge to you!
- Friendly: Greet each family with respect and assist with any needs.
- Customer Service: Set high standards and support each family with any needs or questions or concerns.
- Respect: Respect all families abilities, beliefs, and cultures of all.
- Professionalism: Taking pride in professional appearance, having and showing positive attitude, Interact with others with respect and good communication.
Teachers & Staff
Little Friends Learning Academy teachers and staff are experienced, qualified, professional, and have a love for children and learning. Each teacher selected to become a part of the Little Friends Learning Academy team must go through our extensive interview and hiring process, which includes:
- Background checks with State Fingerprinting
- CPR & First Aid
- Medication Certification
- Annual Professional Development in Child Care Learning
- Required Class Observations and Classroom Trainings
Tours of the center
It is highly recommended that parents and children visit the school so that they may learn about the center, classroom, and the curriculum offered.
Tours of the center are available to families by appointment
- Morning: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 am.
- Afternoon: 3:30p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Monday through Friday.
We strive to accommodate to all families, special appointments can be made by request
Why Choose Little Friends
- Low Child-Staff Ratios
- Children have a balance learn and play environment
- A Warm and Caring Environment
- Certified & highly qualified Teachers & Assistant Teachers
- CPR, First Aid, and Medication Certified Staff
- Learning Curriculum for all ages (including our infants)
- Recently Renovated, Spacious Classrooms
- Daily sheets & communication
- Enclosed Outdoor Playground
- State of the art, Digital Security Camera Surveillance
- Summer & Seasonal Enrichment Programs
- Progress Reports & Teacher Conferences
- On-Site Owner & Administrator
- Breakfast, lunch, & snacks provided
- Medication Administration on-site
- Competitive and fair tuition rates
- Four Star Delaware Stars Facility
Security of the Center
Children are only released to pre-authorized individuals by parents – PHOTO I.D. is required.
Our Video monitors allow our Directors and Management to view every classroom.
Little Friends Learning Academy screens all employees.
Our Teachers and Staff are fingerprinted with a thorough background check is conducted. They must also submit two references as well as undergo an adult Health Physical and TB Test.
The safety and security of Little Friends Learning Academy children is our top priority.
Our Secure Electronic Access System allows us to monitor each person’s entry into the building and only allows authorized personnel admittance into the center.
The center promotes Healthy Eating
Food Allergies: Children with food allergies or children with Milk allergies will need to supply a doctor note and an action plan from the doctor, the center will follow doctor orders.
- 1 years will receive Whole Milk
- 2 years to 12 years will receive 1% Milk
- 100% Whole Wheat is served
- No pork is served in the center and we are a nut free center, no peanut butter is served, we use natural Wow butter at the center
- The Center cooks with Beef and Turkey products
- Breakfast :8:45 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch Toddler: 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Preschool/Pre-k 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- School age: 12:15 p.m to 12:45 p.m.
- Afternoon Snack: 3:30-4 p.m.
- School age Afternoon snack during school season: 4-4:30pm